Military Institute of Science and Technology -MIST Admission Circular 2019-20. MIST is controlled by Bangladesh Armed Forces. This is very rebounded Science and Technology university in Bangladesh. MIST declared their undergraduate admission circular on MIST admission website mist.ac.bd. Today we talk about MIST admission 2019-20 notice.
Military Institute of Science & Technology -MIST Admission Circular 2019-20
There are some Science and Technology universities in Bangladesh. Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) is one of them. It is an advanced Engineering University of Bangladesh. It is the institution of Bangladesh Armed Forces for engineering education. It is a Governmental educational institution, which is under the affiliation of Bangladesh University of Professionals, a Public university governed by the Armed Forces of Bangladesh. In the beginning it was under the affiliation of University of Dhaka. MIST is an Armed Forces institution and there are almost 2500+ students in this institution, where both military students and civil students study for taking Engineering degree.
|MIST Admission Timeline|
Online Apply start: 01 September 2019
Application ending time: 19 September 2019
Application fee: 700 taka (A unit), 1100 taka (B and A+B unit)
Admit Card download date:
Admission Test Date: 11 October 2019
Admission Link: www.mist.ac.bd.
Introduce to MIST Faculties and Departments
There are 4 faculties in MIST. Under these faculties, there are some departments. We have given details of the faculties and departments list below:
*** Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Civil, Environmental, Water Resources & Coastal Engineering
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Petroleum & Mining Engineering
***Faculty of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical, Electronic & Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
***Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Aeronautical Engineering
- Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Department of Industrial and Production Engineering
***Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Department of Nuclear Science & Engineering
Seat Number of MIST
There are 570 seats in Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST). We have given department wise seat number for student’s benefits….
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||60|
|Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering(EECE)||60|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||60|
|Aeronautical Engineering (AE)||50|
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NAME)||40|
|Biomedical Engineering (BME)||40|
|Nuclear Science and Engineering (NSE)||40|
|Civil & Environmental Engineering
Civil & Water Resources Engineering
|Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)||50|
|Petroleum and Mining Engineering (PME)||25|
Minimums Requirement for MIST Admission
SSC or Equivalent: The applicants who passed the examination in 2017 & 2016 in Science Group obtaining a minimum GPA 4.00 (without fourth subject) in the scale or 5.0 can apply.
HSC or Equivalent: The applicants who passed in 2019 & 2018 obtaining a minimum total grade point 17 in fourth Subjects (Mathematics, Physics Chemistry and English) can apply.
GCE (‘0’ and ‘A’ Levels or Equivalent):
(1) The applicants who passed in 2017 & 2016 with minimum B’ grade in 5 subjects including Mathematics Physics, Chemistry and English in GCE O’ Level can apply.
(2) The applicants who passed in 2019 & 2018 with B’ grade in Mathematics Physics and Chemistry in GCE A Level can apply.
*** Applicants interested in Biomedical Engineering, must have Biology at HSC or equivalent level with a minimum grade point of A’-/GCE ‘A’ or equivalent level with a minimum grade point of ‘C’
Eligibility for Written Test
- Approximately 10,000 (Ten Thousand short listed candidates will be allowed to appear written test. These 10,000 candidates include, candidates passed in HS.C/Equivalent Examination in 2019 and maximum 20% (not exceeding 2000) candidates passed HSC or equivalent in 2018.
- Short-listing of candidates will be done on the basis of total GPA/Number obtained in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in HSC or Equivalent Examination. In case of tie, order of priority for finding the eligible candidates will be GPA/Number in Mathematics, Physics and then Chemistry.
- Two separate lists of applicants (one for current year and the other for last year) will be generated for selection purpose to appear written admission test only.
- Short list of eligible candidates will be published on 1 Oct 2019 in the MIST website www.mist.ac.bd
The Admission Exam system of MIST
There will be no multiple choice type questions (MCQ); questions will be in both in English or Bangla and applicants can answer in English or Bangla. The marks distributions for both units are follows:
|Mathematics||80||Total Marks 200 Examination Duration: 3hours|
|Drawing and Architecture related topics||100||Total Marks:
200+100 Examination Duration:(3 +2) hours
NB: For Unit A only, candidates will sit for the written test of 3 hours. For Unit B (Architecture) only /both A and B(Engineering and Architecture) candidates will sit for the written test of 5 hours (3 hours 2 hours) with a break in between
MIST Admission Notice 2019-2020
Selection Criteria for Admission
- Merit list of the candidates for final selection will be prepared on the basis of Written Test only. Minimum qualifying marks in the written test is 40% for both Unit A and Unit
- b. 5% marks will be deducted from the written test for the candidates passed in 2018. Thereafter, a Combined Merit List (candidates passed in 2019 and 2018) will be prepared for the admission and department allocation
Required Documents for Quota Applicants
For Freedom Fighter Quota. Related Bangladesh Gazettes/temporary certificate issued by Ministry of Liberation War Affairs/LalMuktibarta/Indian List/Certificate from Bangladesh Mukti Joddha Sangsad and relationship certificate with freedom fighter.
For Military Ward (Children of Military Personnel
(1) Serving: Certificate from CO/equivalent/his representatives.
(2) Retired: Officers:
- Certificate from CORO/Naval Secretariat/Air Secretariat.
- JCO/OR/NC (E) of Army/Navy/Air Forces: Certificate/Service Record Book from
respective Arms/Service’s Record Offices/Drafting office.
For Tribal Citizen Quota. Certificate issued by local Upazilla Chairman and counter signed by District Commissioner.
For all quota applicants, original documents (hardcopy) must be submitted within 4 days after the online application deadline for quota authentication/verification to MIST admission office.
Admission will be cancelled if any incomplete/false information is found or candidate/student fails in drug test at any stage of the admission/academic process.
Online Application Process
- Application to be submitted online through www.mist.ac.bd only.
- After successful submission of application, applicant will receive a USER ID online.
- With that USER ID, applicant need to send SMS to 16222 from Tele-Talk pre-paid mobile phone with required balance.
- Application fee is Tk 800 (eight hundreds) for UNIT A and Tk 1100 (eleven hundreds) for UNIT B and UNIT (A+B)
- Detail instructions for e-Application and Fee submission is given in MIST website.
- On successful completion of both, applicant will receive a password through SMS using which an eligible applicant can download Admit Card.
MIST Admit card 2019-20
You can download your MIST admit card 2019-20 after submitting online application. MIST admission authority will announce admit card download date. Applicant can download their admit card PDF with in due date. If any students fail to download his/her MIST admission admit card 2019 then he can not enter the admission test exam hall.
- To download the admit card, please browse www.mist.edu.bd
- Clicking on the MIST Admin option will allow the applicant to display the information and log in with your own User ID and Password and the option of Picture and Signature upgrade will be available.
- Photo (length x width) 300 x 300 pixel and signature (length x width) 300 x 80 pixel maximum 60kby will be automatically generated entry form.
- You can then download the entry form in PDF form.
- Pictures are not accepted in the dark.
- A copy of the admission test should be kept by you and the other copies will be submitted to the concerned inspector.
- Once the picture and signature are upped, it can’t be suitable change
MIST Admission Result 2019-20
MIST admission result 2019-20 will be published within 5 days after admission test. You can check your MIST admission result via internet. Follow the below step to download result
- The result will be published after 3 days to the official website of www.mist.edu.bd
2. You can find the result in our website also.
3. If there is no internet service you can also SMS for result.
4. Firstly you have to go to the mobile phone’s message option.
5. Then type MIST <space> Unit name <space> RESULT and send to 16321.
6. You will get a return SMS and found the result.
IF you have any query please leave tour comment below box.