All BCS English Literature Question with Answer has been published in our website. If you are interested about BCS English Literature Question with Answer then read our post because we have given all English literature question BCS . So stay with us.
BCS English Literature Question with Answer (10th – 40th BCS)
BCS exam is considered as a highest exam in our country by all of our country. The Bangladesh Civil Service BCS is a nationwide competitive examination in Bangladesh conducted by the Bangladesh Public Service Commission (BPSC). The examination is conducted in three phases – the preliminary examination, the written examination and the viva voce (interview). The entire process from the notification of the preliminary examination to declaration of the final results takes 1.5 to 2 years. My dear examine when you will attend in preliminary examination then you will see All BCS English Literature Question (10 – 40) if you do not have preparation about English literature, you cannot make a good marks and cannot pass in BCS exam.
10th-40th BCS English Literature Question Solve
10th-40th BCS English Literature Question Solution is given by us and we hope that our activity will help you totally. We hope that by reading our post you can be able take a preparation about English literature. In this post we have given all English literature questions and their solutions.
40th BCS Exam
- Sweet helen, make me immortal with a kiss. The sentence has taken from the play — Doctor Faustus
- What’s in name? That which we a call a rose by any other name smell as sweet’- Who said this— Romeo
- Man’s love is of man’s life a thing apart. ‘Tis woman’s whole existence- this taken — Lord Byron
- Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam translate by — Edward FitzGerald
- Ulyses is a novel written by —James Joyce
- The Diamond Necklace was written by — Guy de Maupassant
- All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand- who said— Lady Macbeth
- Where are the songs of spring? Aye, where are they? Think not of them, thou hast thy music too.—Keats’ Poems (To Autumn)
- Who is the central Character of `Wuthering Heights’ — Heathcilffs
- The old order changeth, yielding place to new- this line is extracted from Tennyson’s poem — Morte d Arthur
11.Who wrote the ‘Poem Good-Morrow? —-John Done
12.The Rape of the Lock, by Alexander Pope—mock Heroic poem
- Which of the following is not American — W. B Yeats
- William Shakespeare was born—1564
38th BCS Exam
- “Jecobean Period” of English Literature refers to —1603-1625
- Where do the following lines occur in? “Alone, alone, all, all alone, Alone on a wide,k wide sea ……The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- “For God’s sake hold your tongue, and let me love.” This line is written by —- John Donne
- Of the following authors, who wrote an epic?—- John Milton
- Who is not a Victorian poet? — Alexander Pope
- The play “The Spanish Tragedy” is written by—-Thomas Kyd
- Who among the following Indian English writers is a famous novelist?—- R.K. Narayan
- Which period is known as “The golden age of English literature?— The Elizabethen age
- Who is the author of “Man and Superman”? —G.B. Shaw
- The most famous satirist in English literature is — Jonathan Swift
- The literary term euphemism means— in offensive expression.
37th BCS Exam
- “Gerontion” is a poem by —- T. S. Eliot
- Fill in the blank.”—” Is Shakespeare’s last play. —–Tempest
- Who has written the poem “Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard”? —–Thomas Gray
- Who has written the play ‘Volpone’? —–Ben Jonson
- Shakespeare composed much of his plays in what sort of verse? —– Iambic pentameter
- The repetition of beginning consonant sound is known as—— alliteration
- Which of the following is not a poetic tradition? ——-The Occult
- What is a funny poem of five lines called? —– Limerick.
- Who wrote “Biographia Literaria”? ——–S. T. Coleridge
- Robert Browning was a —-poet. Fill in the gap with appropriate word—- Victorian.
- Othello gave Desdemona—-as a token of love: —— Handkerchief.
- P.B. Shelley’s Adonais’ is an elegy on the death of—– John Keats.
- The comparison of unlike things using the words like on as is known to be—– simile.
- ‘Restoration period’ in English literature refers to —–1660.
- ‘The Sun Also Rises’ is a novel written by—— Earnest Hemingway
36th BCS Exam
1.”Elegy written in a country churchyard “is written by— Thomas Gray
2.Shakespeare’s “Meausure for Meausure” is a successful — comedy
3.The romantic age in English Literature began with the publication of —Preface to Lyrical Ballad
4.Which of the following books is written by Thomas Hardy? —The Return of the Native
5.”Frailty thy name is women”is a famous dialogue form —W.Shakespeare
6.The poem “The Solitary Reaper”is written by—W.Wordsworth
7.The Merchant of Venice is a Shakespeare play about —a jew
8.The play Candida is by—G.B.Shaw
9.Which of the following writer’s belongs to the romantic period in English Literature—S.T.Coleridge
10.The climax of a plot is what happens—at the height
11.London Town is found a living being in the works of — Charles Dickens
12.”Child is the father of man” is taken from the poem of— W.Wordsworth
13.Man is the political animal -who said this? —Aristotle
14.Who is the known as “the poet of nature”? —W.Wordsworth
15.A passage to india is written by —E.M.Forster
- “Gitanjali”of Rabindranath Tagore was translated by — Gitanjali অনুবাদ রবীন্দ্রনাথ নিজেই করেন কিন্তু তার নাম অপশনে নাই। অপরদিকে “Gitanjali” এর অনুবাদ “Song offerings” এর ভূমিকা লেখেন W.B Yeats।
17.Who of the following writer’s was not a novelist? —W.B.Yeats
35th BCS Exam
1.”All at once I saw a crowd, a host of golden daffodils” —Wordsworth.
- Who among the following writers is not a Nobel Laureate? — Grahame Greene.
- The play “Arms and the Man “is by— George Bernard Shaw.
- The “climax “of a plot is what happens— at the height.
- Othelo is Shakespeare’s play about— A Moor.
- In the 18th century, the Mughal Empire begin to— disintegrate
- The poem “Isle of Innisfree”is written by— W.B.Yeats
- Riders to the Sea is— a one-act play.
- Which of the following writers belong to the Elizabethan period? —Christopher Marlowe
10.”To be or not to be that is the question “-is a famous dialogue from—Hamlet.
- Find the odd man out— George Eliot.
- Find the odd man out — As I Lay Dying.
31st BCS Exam
Wordsworth introduced the reader’s — a new kind of poetry. — to
32nd BCS Exam
The sentence “who would have thought Shylock was so unkind “Express— Wonder
29th BCS Exam
1.”Into the — of death rode the six hundred. “—valley.
2.”To be or not to be, that is the —-” — question.
3.”I have a —- that one day this nation will live out of the true meaning of its creed that all men are created equal.” —dream.
- Who wrote the two famous novels, “David Copperfield “and “The Tale of Two Cities” —Charles Dickens.
- Who wrote the plays,”The Tempest “and”The Mid Summer Night’s Dream”? —Shakespeare.
28th BCS Exam
1.”Animal Farm “was written by— George Orwell.
- Who did write first English Dictionary? —Samuel Jonson.
3.”If winter comes, can spring be far behind”? These lines were written by—Shelley.
21st BCS Exam
Which of the following best describes the author’s attitude towards learning? — Learning is a matter of promoting creativity in students.
17th BCS Exam
Any one of the following pairs are literary collaborators — Shelley and Keats.
Browning was the composer of any of the following poems— Andrea Del Sarto.
15th BCS Exam
- The “Poet Laureate “is— the court poet of England
- Which of the following school of literary writings is connected with a medical theory? —Comedy of Humorous.
- Who of the following was both a poet and painter? —Blake.
4.”Plebiscite “is a term related to— Politics.
- Who wrote “Beauty is truth, truth is beauty”? —Keats.
- Which of the following ages in literary history is the latest? —The Georgian Age অপশনে যেগুলো ছিল তার মধ্যে latest ছিল The Georgian Age.
- In Which Century was the Victorian Period? —19 century.
- A person who writes about his own life– an autobiography.
- Shakespeare is known mostly for his — plays.
14th BCS Exam
1.”Paradise Lost” attempted to— justify the ways of God to Man.
- What is the full name of the great American short story writer O’Henry? — William Sydney Porter.
13th BCS Exam
- The Rainbow is— a novel by — D.H.Lawrence.
2.”Tom Jones”by Henry Fielding was first published in— the first half of 19 Century.
- The Literary work “Kubla Khan” is— a verse by Coleridge.
- What was the real name of the great American short writer, O’Henry? —William Sydney Porter.
- T.S Eliot was born in—USA.
12th BCS Exam
- Who is the greatest modern English Dramatist? —George Bernard Show.
- Who is the modern philosopher who was awarded Novel Prize for Literature? —Bertrand Russell.
- Who is the author of “A Farewell to Arms”? —Ernest Hemingway.
- Who is the most famous satirist in English Literature? —Jonathan Swift.
11th BCS Exam
- Who is the poet of Victorian age? —Robert Browning.
- Who is the author of “For Whom the Bell Tolls”? —Ernest Hemingway.
3.”Justice delayed is Justice denied “was stated by— Gladstone.
10th BCS Exam
- Who is the author of “A Farewell to Arms”? — Ernest Hemingway.
- Who is the author of “Animal Farm”? —George Orwell.
- Who is the author of “India wins Freedom “? —Abul Kalam Azad.
To get all educational information , job related information and all BCS Related question bank subscribe our website and like our below facebook page.